Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Sydney Trip- Jetlagged

Day 1

I was super excited about my trip to Sydney that i indecisively packed and repacked my luggage several times,just to make sure i had room for souvenirs.In the end,i just decided to bring along an extra backpack which proved to be quite useful.The flight there was uneventful although there were many Australians traveling back and making a buzz in the aircraft.I had 2 seats to myself,so that didn't really bother me(window seats i might add).

My first view of Sydney was at 6.30am.The areas was pretty dark,with white smoke from chimneys but the highways were well lit and there were already cars streaming down the lanes that early in the morning.As we came near to landing,I was able to experience sunrise and take in the magnificient view of a cliff.It was the best thing ever after 8 hours stuck in a flight.

Immigration was nerve racking due to the fact that i was brought in for questioning.Being a smart alec,i totally forgot to take down my friend's address,i'm pretty sure the officers were assuming i was secretly trying to become an illegal immigrant.After tonnes of questions regarding my motive there,what i planned to do,how much money i brought there,finally my saviour came in the form of an sms from Adelyn.Phew,alas i could leave.

Had my first McD Brekkie while waiting for a friend to arrive from Japan.Seriously Bacon and Egg is so yummy.My first impression of the trains, i was utterly appalled...they look er,filthy?But nevertheless what can i expect from a service which has been running for decades.All i can say is the Australian Transport System is super expensive even without the conversion.

Jeremy and I made our way to meet up with Daniel and Diana at Central Station.Which i was told was the heart of Sydney's transportation hub much like our KL Sentral(Hint: the name says it all).Our first stop was Dixon food court in Chinatown.Guess what my friends had? Malaysian Food.Hilarious.Okay maybe they have been away from M'sia for a tad too long.Fortunately i got to meet Sof too,more yakking and catching up was the order for the day.Since Jeremy and I were tired from out flight,we just decided to chill out the whole day at Gary's place (which we called home for 11 days).From the start,I could see we had a pattern of very laid back tourists.Hehe.

No comments: