Thursday, July 3, 2008

Room for rent...Any takers?

Whoever thought it would be this difficult to rent out a room?I've been fussing about looking for potential takers for my vista apartment this last week.Since i'm working in the marketing department, my colleagues thought it would be convenient to lend me a hand by passing inquiries for rooms.Boy, were they wrong as i was to find out.

Most of them were parents instead of the students themselves,so okay naturally they would be more wary.But these people are overprotective, they bombarded me with questions from the condition of the room down to the very detailed profiles of my housemates (which i apparently know nothing of).Some even made very unrealistic request for me to get them the master bedroom.(for the sake of understanding,i stay in the middle single room and the master bedroom is inhabited by my two other working house mates).Nevertheless after having me answer all sorts of inquiries they always give me the same response "I will call you back some other time".If some other time meant they were giving me a confirmation,that would be fine,but no they just call to ask even more questions like "is the area safe?"For crying out loud,i only want to help my landlady find a tenant.I didn't know i would be sacrificing my nap time.Mental note,always specify which times these people can call you when giving out phone numbers.
Well instead of taking the active role of giving the first call, i have resorted to just leaving my number with Student Affairs in hope of better luck.Hey whatever it is, i don't think my phone will be ringing after the 6th of July.No more entertaining overbearing parents.

Tomorrow...last day of work.Farewell department lunch was today.Won't be seeing my supervisor tomorrow as she is on leave.For the first time,i actually feel that i will miss my seat in the marketing department.

1 comment:

Lake Wood Villas said...

I’ve learned a lot from your blog here, Keep on going, my friend, I will keep an eye on it,