Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Day of The Practicals

Probably in my best moods ever in 2 months or the whole of respiratory system.Just wish i could go out for some sports.SCEE is over.Nevermind if there is Mcq's coming up...i'm just high on residual adrenaline.

Started off first on physical examination.Thanks to my practice session with PP.I didn't miss anything..wohooo..Pass Hurdle No 1.Then when my tutor asked about D/D with findings of bilateral crackles.I accidentally said my initial diagnosis as the second one..how could anyone say pneumonia then fibrosis?But saved it with a come back of fibrosis and heart failure.Pass Hurdle No 2.My tutor's expression changed from the face of a confused patient to an elated Arsenal fan with a 3-0 win.The only reason i know football scores is because my tutor is an avid fan k.I still haven't found anything exciting about footie.Next, my tutor questioned my technique on checking for finget clubbing.Yes ,i check for curvature and then the fluctuation as well.And no,there is no finger clubbing.There was a pause and a stare.Got me worried there but when i asked him in the end if there was,he said no.So what was the pause and stare about?Pass Hurdle No 3.The shocker came when my tutor told me he was going to be harder on me compared to my other groupmates.He asked me a series of harder questions till i couldn't answer one of them.Huhu.I give up,i'm not the perfect student,i never meant to give the impression of the perfect student but i take it as a compliment that he thinks highly of me.I still got the remark that i did good.Hopefully the good is not a C.

History taking was a milder affair.Or so i tot.Since i got over the nerves and all,I just went straight for the normal questions and was pretty happy about it until i reach social history.I knew the patient's husband had passed away but when i asked who else do u live with..it lead to some crying about her deceased mum as well.OMG....I haven't dealt with a crying patient before.Moreover in the middle of my exam,i just felt so guilty for making her cry and just let her take her time.Did however manage to finish in time but i hope she is doing well considering the fact that there were 4 others going in after me.

No comments: