Monday, September 29, 2008

Shopping Sunday

As usual, Sunday has always been my day off from sports.It was no different this weekend.Felt bad for dissappointing some of my new friends who had been half expecting me to prancing around to play sports due to my highly packed week.Sometimes i feel as if i went to sports school more then medical school.

Nevertheless,my first agenda was to go spend some money with my newly activated debit card.Haha.I so didn't intend to splurge on unnecessary stuff at all.I was going to get a phoneline but fate had it that my credit history failed.Duh..cos i never used the card before.There was really nothing else to do but some serious shopping.My shopping mood came back as i discovered that Edin does have at least a half decent shopping mall called St James.My prayers came true.Self control was duely practice though...i know Glasgow is waiting.
On the way back, The Castleand some buildings gleaming on one of those days we actually have sunshine
At the end of the day,I was hungry.Together with Han Ying,we decided to grab a snack.Since we're paying for food might as well try something new.We went looking for Haggis and fried Mars Bar.

Found a shop that sold Haggis.While i was paying,i asked the guy where i could find Fried Mars Bars.He had the most concentrated look, as if he was trying his best to recall before he told me "Here.In this store." I felt confused because i didn't see it in the menu outside but apparently it was stated quite obviously inside.I felt damn shy.

There are apparently many ways to serve Haggis.This one with fries is called a Haggis Supper.
Made up off sheep liver,heart and lungs minced with other stuff..but yea..internals.The taste was not too bad though.I had half expected a fried pate taste but this was palatable.The chips were the best i've had in Edin though,vinegar added.
The Fried Mars Bar.Looks smaller compared to the one i last had in Bondi Beach but equally yummy.




No comments: