Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Battling the Rain

I tried to get out and make a few laps before the rain came.Still thinking positive eventhough i saw flashy lighting and heard the rumbling of thunder on the way there.Before i even finish my 2nd,it was pouring like cats and dogs.Decided not to wait and just might as well run back in the rain.To compensate i did the most unexpected thing.Climb 18 floors up....i was already regretting when i got to the 4th floor but made it to 18 nevertheless.There goes my fancy effort to stay healthy.

Anyway,right as i was walking out for lunch today,i heard the SRC Hustings Day goin on and what a coincidence they were on to the Treasurer candidates.
(For those not in the loop,i used to be one of those people a long long time ago
SRC= Student Representative Council.Every year,elections will be held by student votes.
Hustings Day= When the candidates have to make public speeches to garner votes,talk about their manifesto's and get grilled based on task handed out and whatever questions the public decides to throw at them)
Again this year they had 3 candidates.Well everyone must think that being the treasurer is glamorous, i for one can contradict that.It won't be that fun anymore when people keep chasing you 24-7 to ask for money or hearing continuous pleads to give their projects a chance,the worst part is when i have to be the bad guy and turn them down.Hate doing it but my 'better judgment' made me do that.So only part of my brain is at fault.Hehe.Other then that everything is good.Back to the candidates,so far i have only met one personally but from my perspective(from Hustings) 2 of them were pretty sharp while the other could only get by.Well lets not mention names before i get any hate mails.If you wanna know,do come and ask me.Ehe.

It's weird sometimes the distances people go to get what they want, i for one am not an exception either,it gives me the shivers each time i think back to the moment when i sang in front of crowds to get people's attention.What does that have to do with SRC? Absolutely nothing,only that it makes people notice your courage perhaps. Well the other most noticeable trait is that candidates who were only your hi bye friends are suddenly so eager to talk to you.I personally felt it today,the weird part is it's me,I only work in marketing,no vote value.Maybe like a junior said to me,i might not have the ability to vote but i still have the ability to influence.I'm flattered but seriously it's not my place to say what is or is not to be.As it is,i got my 5 seconds of fame when Kajen asked the candidates to name the present treasurer and the past 2 treasurers before that.Kudos to the candidate who got my name right but no one got to know my senior before me,Hendrick.The glamour of it all only last for as long as you hold the post.What is left after that is the experience and that in part depends on how you hold yourself when you're in power.

"With great powers come great responsibilities"-Uncle Ben from Spiderman

No comments: