Saturday, April 26, 2008

Bursting My Own Bubble

A few back my bos had suddenly asked me to go for a school visit with my other colleagues on a marketing event.Was quite excited and scared at the same time.Usually i'd only be the one doing the packing of brochures and not the one out there promoting IMU.A lot was going through my mind.
I decided to read all these before i went...


Nevertheless all the fears were unnecessary,i'd pick up some useful info from my partner and didn't have much problems dealing with the students.Phew.We even had time to chit chat and people watch as it wasn't a typically very busy day.There was a group of kids whom i took notice of.I kinda had to because they were like an island slowly and i mean slowly, floating across our booth and talking about ways to get rich and retire before 40.I wondered if i ever thought of these kinda thing...Maybe not,if i did,i won't be in medical school.I don't think i'll ever get rich even when i'm 80yrs old.

Anyways since i did okie the first time,i was sent out on another school visit yesterday.The only thing was...i never made it.I don't know how and i don't know why,i overslept an hour.(Hadn't happen before in my whole month plus of working experience)Everyone was scrambling around to look for me thinking that the worst had happen.Their speculations were like "maybe she feel sick,maybe something bad happen to her,she's not usually like that and the funniest was, she couldn't take working there anymore and left without a word".It's really nice to work with people like that,they never think the worst of you...but eventually i did tell them the cold hard truth that i overslept.I could see shock but relieve that i'm okie.Somehow the whole day i was carrying a baggage of guilt and huge disappointment of myself.I just can't understand why my mind and body had to do that on an important day.I wondered if that was my mind's way of telling me i'm pretty worn out due to non-stop physical activity?

But to clear my mind of the guilt,i went for a gym tryout at My Fitness.I went all crazy and spent over an hour on the treadmill and the cycling machine each,i bet the tv screen had something to do with it.Can't say that they have bad facilities but i think i'd much rather do my jogging outside.Since the weather is getting better these days or at least enough time for me to jog before it pours,don't think i'll be heading back to the gym anytime soon.

No comments: