Friday, August 15, 2008

Attachments

Emo it is today.In the words of the wise Yoda.

My 5 days attachment is over as quickly as it begun.The just a short span of 5 days,I've somehow managed to bond with the juniors despite the constant mocking (with me being the subject) and mandrine language barrier.Have to admit,till this day I'm still considered a banana.(yellow outside but white inside,a way to call a chinese who speaks english as first language).But if you think that is bad,I wonder how one of our Indian friend,Arvinder feels.

Nevertheless, the extra curricular activities did help a lot in the binding,watching Olympics when we're suppose to be clerking patients and hourly or should i say few hour gossip sessions really pull us together.Really going to miss Soo Han,Ghi Waie and Choon Loo from our group B and definitely not forgetting the rest of the molly crew Sheah Lin,Chih Ying,Jimmy and Arvinder.Trust me when i say that you don't know a person's true personality until you've heard them talk/bitch about someone with dedication.

From the medical aspect,as little as we did,I've learnt that sometime we'll reach a point when there is nothing more we can do except to listen to our patient's whiles about their misfortune.Think about it,if a wife contracts HIV from her spouse,how is it that one is going to come to terms with the illness?The whirlwind of emotions starting from denial,anger to grief isn't going to ease much of the forthcoming burden.That one session really messed me up...so don't plan to do infectious disease as a specialty now.

All in all spending my week in kl was the best thing i could do for myself.Not only did i get back a glimpse of my medical student life,i had a farewell dinner with the some of the BMed students and one Lieo Jiun.So sweet of Yu Ling and Rahel to suggest the outing,Patrick and Shin Yee for choosing the wonderful thai place and the rest for being there in between their busy schedules.On top of it all,i was around during IMUCup week,got to watch some matches and practice volleyball with the current Sem 5.Nostalgia,i miss the M205 volleyball team.

No comments: