Friday, August 29, 2008

The Road to Edinburgh

There is officially only 7 days left till i leave my beloved homeground of Malaysia for UK.It's equally exciting as it is unnerving.Weird it is that a person can feel two totally opposite emotions at one time.What is even weirder is that i feel a sense of sadness to leave home.It's not like it's my first time but....sigh.The thought of a foreign land and to think that the Uni people actually tried to be funny by place all of us in separate flats.I want my housemate!!!On the brighter side,it's my chance to travel around without my parents chewing my head off complaining about expensive plane tickets.Don't think anything is going to change about the ground arrangement.Hehe.

For the time being,there are like a millions things to worry about but i just can't seem to be bothered.Probably the 8 months of waiting has lowered the excitement level by quite a lot.Many people advise me to do things that students do before leaving for overseas.
"Do the things that you will miss" they say.But what is it that i will really miss?I still haven't answered for myself on that matter.I can tell you what i won't be missing...Hokkien Mee.This will definitely irk my Penang friends, that's for sure.

Could it be spending time with my family?But they're not around most of the time anyways.No need to work meh?If grandma was still around that would be a whole different story.
Food in Pg?Been there done that,anymore will make me obese.
Hanging out with friends?Done most of it but we can never get enough.
Shoes?Clothes?Shopping?
Definitely not going to be able to figure it out tonight.All i can feel is this fear that i will leave something behind,something that i will really miss...but what is it?

10 comments:

senaiboy said...

from my one month experience, it's definitely the food. especially since i have to cook for myself here (the lack of food variety doesn't help - one can only eat so much chicken haha). and i miss milo. and mamak!

jack said...

definitely is the mamak. since the weather is cold, usually you will be hungry at nite.but where to go? all shops closed at 5pm, no mamak !!!!! so only can go to the kitchen, stare at the fridge, end up eating maggi mee ( if u have plenty of stock) if not just eat milk choc digestive biscuits( cheap,nice,fast,addictive and filling)

senaiboy said...

haha yes.. digestive biscuits >.< i bought those too. damn hungry at night haha.

but bread are okay too, not too expensive. i've been eating more bread than i've ate my whole life! lol

Cheemz said...

Siaw hit the jackpot with milo...i'm gonna miss that, definitely.Maggi mee is not an option,already max my luggage limit.Huhu.I guess all there is left is the flour road..bread and biscuits.Eh wait,only got chicken?What happen to the other animals like fish,pigs and goats?

Cheemz said...

Hey jackie,i tot of something brilliant..Why not we buka cawangan mamak in scotland?Hehe..

Unknown said...

ahahah.. wat ure frens said r true.. if u like milo, i advise u to bring milo 3-in-1packs cos i even asked my mum to send me those. not enuf i bring 20sachets. here got chocolate but choc drink everyday where got as nice as hot milo..ahah
n digestive biscuits are damn cheap n tasty. i get super addicted to digestive d. have to eat everynite.

ehh if u buka cawangan mamak, i'll support u n go everynite..ahhaah. yeah 1 knw wat u gonna miss. the nite life in kl.. haha i seriously miss tat. alot n alot. here no nite life AT ALL. damn sien. after 6pm, u stay at home n stare at the laptop screen watch series, drama etc etc.

Fish ? got.. frozen salmon frm the fish place is damn cheap in my place. it's lk a wet market. but other type of fish quite costly so chic drumstick become the 1st choice.u knw y? cos It's CHEAP !!!!

maggie mee u dun have to worry. here got so much variety. wat nissin noodle, korean,japanese,thailand MaMa tomyam mee semua pun ada n it's cheap.

Cheemz said...

Agreed on Milo..minum milo sihat dan kuat.Upgraded to my must bring list.

Karen..you can be those Aneh who cooks at the mamak stall.Haha.You can do indomee goreng kan?I initially gave up on shipping food cos it feels like if i have to choose one..might as well i ship the whole malaysia or nothing at all.

No nite life?Mati lar aku...

Unknown said...

hahaha. i discovered sumthing here. tesco hot chilli powder. super nice ok. my maggie goreng can fight those mamak maggie goreng d. but use maggie to fry abit wasted, instead i invented spaghetti goreng.ahahah mamak style

but my mum did send food stuffs over here n i brought here as well. curry paste, curry powder if u like curry. n those packet herbal soups. cos cheaper if u buy in malaysia.oh ya chicken stocks as well, here the chic stocks sucks big time.

tak boleh mati yet. i still boleh survive without nite life for 3 months.ahahha wait u come, v have our own nite life.. DRINKING !!!
ahha

senaiboy said...

haha tesco hot chilli powder.. i buy that too. yup damn nice. i think it's the only spicy thing over here -.- ah and tesco has curry powder too. hvnt try that tho.

btw u can buy milo here, but very limited places. we found one in dundee (so-p said tesco got sell, but i didn't see it). haha maybe u can find a shop in edin selling milo (:

Cheemz said...

Okie set...got mamak karen,Siaw wanna join in too?Or you're still more interested in sleeping?

trust me people,i shipped enough curry powder to last until next year.there is only so much i can bring...not enough luggage space...
they got import malaysian milo all the way ar?must be expensive.haha.

karen..don't tempt me.I've just discovered my limit to it and it wasn't very flattering after that.