Friday, February 1, 2008

People...wake up and give a helping hand

I’m here eating, drinking, sleeping, baking…learning to make sushi and I’m complaining about being bored. But an e-mail from my friend has given me something to think about. Life is not to be taken for granted. The Chinese call it the destiny and believe that everything has its own time. When it’s your turn to go, it’s your turn, nothing to argue about. Nevertheless while we’re still here it’s for the better that we make our life mean something. I’m not talking about going out to save to world or become a missionary to preach and save children from hunger in Africa but those little little that you think may not matter.

I did something today I wouldn’t normally do when receiving an e-mail- Reach out to a cause that I know may or most probably will no be heard by those it was meant for. But i guess i can't argue with my friend that the war is half won when people are aware.The issue about the bus crash has been all over the news..even my bunch of friends and I have mulled over it…but can anyone do anything about it?

If you would like to help, visit this blog BusCrashNoMore and do more by signing this PETITION

I won't even pretend to begin to understand the hurt and suffering that a family has to go through at something so sudden but as someone who has lost a loved one not so long ago....all I can offer are my prayers and the hope that the families will have the strength to guide them through it all.But as a humble bus regular...thoughts are flying...fears are creeping...to think that it could have been anyone...and that it could have been me.

No comments: