Wednesday, March 26, 2008

1..2..Smile,Professionally

True story..

Date:25 th Mac 2008 , Tuesday
Time :2.00pm++ slighty after lunch time.

Just when you think that life in the marketing department can't get more exciting, my boss suddenly came out from her room announcing that she needs a leng chai or leng lui for a photoshoot.Alarmed, cos the rest of the staff only had 2 hours to secure someone who would be able to come in late in the afternoon,they started throwing suggestions to go thru the Prestige ( a database that contains all the details of IMU students).But that would take ages.Then my boss just turned over to ask if i knew anyone but before i could even think of anything, she suggested that i do it. (Er...me ar?) My colleague had to support the idea by saying i'm not bad lar.Alright maybe it's the hair..new look mar.When my boss ask again as a sign of courtesy,another one of my funny colleague said i had no choice cos they pay me..Huhu..forced into my little cubicle corner.

Come 4.30pm it was photo time.After a whole 2 and a half years in my little uni, i never knew they had a photostudio.Anyone wanna guess where it is?There were two others that were thrown into the same situation as well cos they were hand picked international 'leng chai' students.Haha.I felt kinda relieved for some reason or another when i recognise one of them as my junior, Eric whom i played tennis with.The other guy whom i never quite got his name was a new dentistry student with a smile that could swallow you whole.

Being someone who is normally behind the camera,it was a little difficult for me to pose in front of a flashing DSLR.My boss was hilarious though, she's like an artistic director giving out instructions: serious look,smile but look professional, natural,angle,arms folded.With that many adjectives involved,Eric and i concluded that it was easier just to be a medical student rather then model.Thank goodness she abandoned the idea of having us pose in front of the atrium.Damn weird if that were to happen.Super center of attention.It was already interesting enough when we did an outdoor take that involved flying debris looking like CO2.
Well the ad is for publishing in Singapore..so no..you guys don't get to see it unless you're Lion people.

Ps: Damn lot of perks working in marketing.I'm happy with no regrets.
Souvenirs from the photoshoot.Going for lion effect

Finally got the new lanyard eventhough i'm not a student anymore
My colleague Kai Li,bought Big Apple on the way back from school exhibition.Yay.

No comments: