Sunday, March 2, 2008

Fruitful Visit

A job doing research that doesn’t come with a pay cheque is difficult to sit well with the family. Been having a tough time convincing people that I’m actually doing something useful but I guess I don’t have that persuasive power especially if I’m debating with my bro. He’s like the ultimate veto power. So I decided to do something about my condition and look for a part-time job(with a salary) that will still allow me to carry on with the research. Sounds impossible rite? I might have done the impossible. I went to the Education Fair in PISA hoping to get help from thestarjobs.com but no help there actually, they just wanted to promote the website, not exactly there and then offers. However, I did visited the IMU booth. Met Jacinta there, got a scare when Dr Vishna came up from behind me. Well Dr Vishna was practically adding salt to the wound by saying that Prasad and I wasn’t getting paid for our research while she was paying Yew Wen and all. But the people from Marketing Departments were like angels. They were eager to get an additional help to their workforce so…they offered me a job. I’m happy but skeptical, wondering if I would have to stick to the 9-5 job. Whatever it is ,I’ll definitely so back and talk to them on Wednesday. Gonna keep my fingers cross that all works well. So today didn’t go to waste plus I now know so much more about engineering courses thanks to my sis who did no favour to my poor feet by dragging me up and down the stairways in PISA.

Goodies from Education Fair : Carrot Cupcake for filling up survey with KDU, Cool flip pen from MMU and Cute star shape highlighter form UTP

Feasting on home made sushi for dinner..plus healthy cup of green tea...Yummy

Nice kan?...Beginning to feel like a pro after i practiced so many time plus a new creation of chicken floss covered reverse maki.

2 comments:

ivyyy! said...

hee.hows your foot deaR?
does it still hurt.
yummy sushi.
i love sushi!! (:

Cheemz said...

foot is healing very slowly.can't really tell if there is progress.
we can make sushi in edinburgh k.hehe