Thursday, March 6, 2008

Doctors are the worse patients?

I got the second opinion on my leg but it was from a chinese masseur instead of a full fledged doctor.It may be baffling for some that despite my medical training plus the kee fong incident (a friend who has a severe allergic reactions to chinese medicine),i still go to a chinese tukang urut as some would call it.Nevertheless, the trained masseur i went to had an in depth knowledge on orthopedics (the study of bones). He confirmed that the huge protrusion on my foot was indeed soft tissue swelling,which would most definitely grow bigger if i did anymore disruption to it (i.e gave it a massage).Plus, i have a slight flat foot which could be due to thousand and one other reasons besides being genetic.Just great.His advice was to lay off the basketball,volleyball,badminton,jogging and if possible minimize walking time till the foot heals...which will take like forever.Practically makes me feel like an invalid person.

On the contrary to his advise, i travelled to Kamal bookstore with Ben and Mus yesterday.Then headed on to Sungei Wang to help Mus pick out a really cool watch.Went back to Sri Petaling,headed on to The Store since Mus's futsal session was canceled and picked out a new specs for him. Walked back all the way,went for another walk in the park then to 7-e and then basketball for a few hours before we head to mamak and walked back from it.At the end of it, i felt like i went for a 20km marathon.Doesn't help that the nagging pain reminds me of my injured foot.I guess i'm not really good at following doctors orders.But it's every one of these days full of adventure that cures me of my boredom of waiting for the research to start or even for the HR in imu to clear me for work.

Hoping to play volleyball tomorrow and badminton on saturday...

I miss my purple phone which is currently in Sony Ericsson's sick bay in Penang.

3 comments:

Jeremy Nunis said...

wahh.... what kind of example are you giving to your future patients... Tsk tsk...

Celest said...

Hey!!! wat happened to this bored girl? blog more la!!!! i'm bored!!!! hehehehe :P

Cheemz said...

Jem...haha..maybe i need to start deleting blogs when i start practising.

Celest..Posts coming up