Sunday, March 23, 2008

Reasons to be happy

I got a call from Topshop this afternoon.For those who didn't know.I went for a walk in interview with them like 3 weeks ago.They offered me the job of Sales Advisor which is the professional term for promoter lar as we know it.I was feeling really happy but sad at the same time.For one,i didn't expect them to call after such a long time cos i thought i was probably passed over for someone prettier,younger or someone with more job experience.Plus the fact that i was a
medical student wasn't helping either cos my interviewer did imply that i had to be serious with this job as some people considered it a carrier while i just took it as any other part time job to kill time.So it's good to know someone like me can also get as Sales Advisor job.Yay.Thanks Michelle and Ming for believing in me when i didn't.I guess it's just the courage to do something different sometimes.

But,but..yes there is a but, i rejected the job offer after considering a few things.
1.Biggest obstacle,it's a 6 day a week job.I'm already feeling restricted by the current 5 day one and just when i'm beginning to like it another option pops up.
2.Doesn't matter that it pays better,i'll have to travel.
3.I don't think my flat feet can handle the standing for a whole day.
Despite all that, i do think that it would have been a great experience since i have never had a proper job before my marketing position.So,felt it was a lil wasted since someone in their right state of mind decided to give me a chance.Thanks Topshop but it came lil too late.Would have considered it if i was jobless.

Anyway,i got my hair fixed.Called dad to report my disaster hair condition and he came to bring me to a hair salon.Yay.After a disappointing turn around Sri Petaling since it was late evening.I found a shop in The Store.I was too busy asking if they could help me that i forgot to see the store name.Thank goodness they could converse in a mix of cantonese and english.I don't think i could have expressed my desperate situation to them in full cantonese.They were really nice people.I paid RM10 but got 3 people to teach me to do my hair and explain to me the 101's on buying styling products.Two words...I SUCK at buying products.Apparently the products i've been buying doesn't help my hair to stand it just gives it gloss.Seriously the last thing i need is gloss.My hair is super flat that normal clay doesn't work..i would need to go get a brand called Sebastian or Ice Spikey and normal hair spray also doesn't work..need extra hold.So much work to be stylo lar.Might return to my straight long hair sooner then i expect.But this is what came out of the styling session.

No comments: